IT IS ALL ABOUT OUR MEMBERS!
Please join us…
…as a member of the Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce. Becoming a member is easy, affordable, tax deductible, and requires very little time and attention. Membership can boost your business’s visibility, connect you with other business leaders, and ensure that your voice is heard on issues affecting the local business climate.
It’s not only an investment in your company’s success, it’s an investment in our community. A strong membership enables the Chamber to market the community both to tourists and to those considering permanent relocation, and to provide assistance in recruiting an expanded industrial and commercial base.
Perhaps the most significant benefits are the most intangible, like the relationships that develop among those sharing common business and community goals, and the positive momentum created by being part of a thriving organization that it passionate about success.
Of course, there are tangible benefits as well, including:
• Business after Hours provides an opportunity for a company to introduce itself to the business community. This program allows the host/sponsor to showcase its business, services, and facilities to fellow Chamber members. It also offers members the chance to meet one another and network in a casual, relaxed atmosphere.
• Golf Outing is a way to generate revenue and offer a fun networking event for chamber members.
• Chamber Annual Meeting is the Chamber’s largest corporate event. Leaders of the Chamber highlight the success of the past fiscal year, look ahead to the next with the changing of the Board, and feature an award presentation to a very deserving Citizen of the Year.
• Awards Luncheon provides an opportunity for the chamber to recognize outstanding individuals and organizations committed to advancing our business community through their commitment and service. The awards that are presented at this event are: Small Business of the Year; Business Longevity; Green Business of the Year; Green Business – Small Division; Excellence in Travel & Tourism; Outstanding Public Service; Ambassador of the Year and Duke Energy Citizenship & Service Award.
• Administrative Professional Luncheon – The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce invites bosses, supervisors, assistants and administrative professionals to join us for the Administrative Professionals Luncheon. This is a special event to recognize and celebrate the work of office professionals within the chamber membership for their diverse contributions to the workplace. Entertainment is provided by the Ambassador League. The event culminates with the presentation of the Chamber’s Top Administrative Professional of the Year Award.
• Black Friday-Silent Auction: Dinner, Dancing, & Shop Local!
Jump-start your holiday shopping in one location & support the Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce! All proceeds go to the Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce for exiting programs and new programing. This is a great way for chamber members to advertise their business, entertain co-workers or spend the evening with friends.
• Surprise Patrol – Members of The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce Ambassador’s League come together for a Surprise Patrol to present candies, cookies and balloons to chamber members. The presentation is to thank chamber members for their membership.
• Autumn Leaves Festival – The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce sponsors this event annually (2016 marks the 50th year). This is a street festival that generates revenue for the chamber and 8.5 million dollars to our local economy. The attendance is approximately 200,000.
- Free listing in our annual Membership Directory (5,000 printed annually).
- Free listing in the Chamber’s online business directory. (with enhanced listing available)
- One time announcement in the Business Bulletin, Chamber Section of the Mount Airy News. One time announcement on events email blast.
- One time announcement as a new member in monthly newsletter.
- One time announcement as new member on Facebook.
- Use of the Chamber logo on your website (with authorization).
- Member referral service.
- One-time discounts to new members for selected radio and newspaper advertising within first 6 months of joining.
- Ribbon cutting ceremony to promote your business, featured in local newspapers and the Chamber’s monthly newsletter.
- Telephone referrals.
- Your company brochures and business cards displayed in Chamber/Visitor Center lobby.
- Monthly relocation inquiry list (upon request) provides monthly emailed list of names and addresses in label format.
- Hot Deals
- Advertising opportunities through the website.
Education and Information
- Access to the Small Business Information Center offering demographic statistics, area fact sheets, labor information, area maps, and marketing data.
- Participation in business-related classes and seminars.
- The Business Development Committee connects business owners to answers, advice, and resources.
- Monthly newsletter keeps members informed of Chamber activities.
- Participation in golf outings and social events.
- Networking opportunities through Business After Hours programs.
- Speed Networking
- Mailing labels of membership roster to new members. Reduced rates for mailing labels for current members.
- Certificates of Origins, free for members.
- A unified voice to government regarding important local issues.
- Opportunities to serve on Chamber committees.
- Free posting of events and job openings in your company.
For additional membership information or to request an application, please call (336) 786-6116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!