2016 Program of Work
The Greater Mount Airy Chamber of Commerce, established in 1904 by business leaders in our community, has grown to an organization representing businesses on a local, state and national level. The Chamber has served as the advocate of the business community, addressing issues and concerns for the betterment of Mount Airy and the region. Our goal is to represent you to your current and potential customers, to grow your business and to promote new business that will complement and increase the climate for economic growth and success.
To accomplish these goals the Chamber staff and volunteer leadership work together, using various committees. These services range from business services to economic development to tourism and visitor services and networking opportunities.
The mission of the Chamber cannot be achieved without support from a growing number of members/investors. In order to attract and involve the business community, the Chamber must create value in the form of service to our members. It is our goal to have all members receives Chamber benefits that meet their needs and exceed expectations for return on investment.
Innovative features and benefits are designed to enhance your membership investment. The chamber focuses on networking and marketing opportunities, and better communications.
• Promote the Chamber and Chamber activities through the use of membership surveys, email communications, website, newsletters and relocation packets
• Promote members by providing opportunities to members such as:
• Wake-up Mount Airy, networking opportunities, Business Showcase, seminars for personal and professional development, annual Golf tournament, annual Awards Banquet, Business After-hours, sponsorship opportunities, and enhanced web listings
• Maintain a community calendar of events
• Establish focus groups for topical discussions and feedback
The Chamber works to promote economic growth and enhance the business environment through mentoring and education. In order to accomplish this, the Chamber works to promote existing businesses, provide workforce training, and develop programs to serve the needs of our members.
• Promote and assist with Leadership Surry County
• Develop programs to better prepare job seekers on workplace etiquette
• Publicize county resources and develop partnerships for training
• Enhance the annual BizFest
• Work together with JobLink and Surry Community College Small Business Center to provide services for members
• Increase communications with members to better serve needs of the business community
The Chamber is the voice for business. We advocate for our members. Working relationships with governmental bodies, departments and officials are critical to the effectiveness of the Chamber. The Chamber represents our members’ interests through interaction with local, county, state and federal officials. Our MISSION is to identify, discuss, and through the Chamber Board of Directors, act upon local, state and federal issues that potentially affect Chamber members, and to enhance communications with local, state, and federal governmental officials. Our goal is that the cost of and barriers to operating a successful business are reduced, and that community officials and leaders understand the value of jobs to our local community.
• Facilitate Candidates forums
• Develop focus groups for topical discussions and community enhancement potentials
• Participate in local initiatives that may affect business
• Educate our members on issues that may affect them or the community
• Speak louder and prouder about the Chamber’s positions on behalf of the businesses